Update: See the comments. Google stopped by to say their search was temporarily broken and it’s fixed now.
Has anyone else realized that the search feature on Google Knol really, really sucks? I don’t get it. Did Google forget everything it knew about search when they created this thing?
I searched for “content management system” (without quotes). Here were the first five results:
Um…what? At the same time, these titles were NOT returned:
- What is a content management system? (I wrote this one…)
- Content Management System
- Content Management System (same title, different article)
- CMS – Content Management System
- Nine reasons your business website should be a CMS
I put “content management system” in quotes, and the results got a little better, but not by much. The first three results are still unrelated, but the “Nine reasons…” knol becomes result number four and Joomla! shows up at number five.
I don’t get it. I think Google knows a couple things about search, but you wouldn’t know it from this mess.