From paper-clip to house, in 14 trades: Remember the red paperclip guy who used his blog to orchestrate the trade of a single red paperclip, and tried to parlay it into a house? Well, he succeeded, after 14 trades.
Here’s how it went.
- A single, red paperclip
- A pen shaped like a fish
- A handmade doorknob
- A camp stove
- A 100-watt generator
- A Budweiser “instant party kit”
- A snowmobile (this was a big leap here, but it was from a radio DJ, so there was probably some publicity involved)
- A trip to Yahk, British Columbia
- A cube van.
- A recording contract
- A year, rent-free, in Phoenix, Arizona
- An afternoon with Alice Cooper
- A KISS snow globe (?)
- A role in a movie (from Corbin Bernson, no less)
- A house in Kipling Saskatchewan
Now, obviously, some people just heard about the guy and thought it was interesting, so they let him take some serious liberties with his trades (read: not everyone can do this). But, still, funny story.