Producing Open Source Software: A good-looking book on how to create the next killer app.
Producing Open Source Software is a book about the human side of open source development. It describes how successful projects operate, the expectations of users and developers, and the culture of free software.
It’s free — you can read it online. Some of the topics from the TOC:
- Choose a Good Name
- Choosing a License and Applying It
- When Opening a Formerly Closed Project, be Sensitive to the Magnitude of the Change
- Choosing a Version Control System
- The Softer the Topic, the Longer the Debate
- Getting the Most Out of Volunteers
- Share Management Tasks as Well as Technical Tasks