Much like my selfish use of this space to ask for a GMail invite, I’m now asking for a software recommendation.
I’m building a Web site for our local Christian school, and we need a Web calendar. I’m not going to roll my own, so we’re looking for open-source or we’re even will to pay for a good script.
- purely Web-based, obviously
- unlimited multiple sub-calendars
- the ability to roll up sub-calendars to a “master calendar”
- PHP or Perl (PHP preferably, but anything Linux-ish would be possible…except Java. No Java, please.)
- MySQL backend
- very template-friendly (we want to hack up the display quite a bit)
- multiple users and permissions (Bob can post to Calendar A, but not Calendar B; Mary can post anywhere)
- iCal integration would be nice.
Again, we’re willing to pay for something if it’s good. I’ve been to all the script sites and looked around, but I’m looking for personal recommendations because you folks tend to be pretty smart.
Any suggestions of things you’ve worked with in the past?